Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Quilt for community band auction

 I started this quilt on Saturday afternoon.  I got it all cut out and started sewing it together.  I had all the blocks sewn by Saturday night.  It's a Take 5 pattern that I cut with my Accuquilt Studio fabric cutter.  Sunday I had a really bad migraine and managed to get the rest of the sewing done and got the quilt on the machine.  It took a couple of hours to quilt.
I started the binding yesterday morning and finished it up last night after a very long day.  I am a BTSA mentor for a new teacher and we had a meeting last night.  I made this awesome embroidery for the back as a label.  I ordered the custom embroidery design from a lady online who was able to make it for me in just a couple of hours.  I stitched it out on my Brother PE 770 machine.

The quilt will be auctioned off on Friday and I plan to bid on it.  My son really likes it.  If I don't win it back, I will have to make another one.  The backing fabric was a purchased sheet from Savers, the local thrift store.  And the quilting is a music theme.  I love the colors and the quilting the best.

No comments: