Sunday, October 26, 2014

More Quilts of Valor


Now that my machine is 'fixed' I'm back in business and not wasting time getting these Quilts of Valor quilted.  I have a total of 8 waiting to get done.
The ladies who wanted to put the binding on are hoping to get them all finished before the holidays hit.  I work backwards.  I do most of my work during the holidays.  One day I will be retired and have all the time in the world to quilt.

I just found out that Carla and the lady who is in charge of these Quilts of Valor are off having a great time at a Quilt Retreat, while I am home slaving away :)  One day I will sign up for a quilt retreat too and see what all the fun is about.  Until then, I will have to retreat into my messy sewing room and dig my way out.  I just brought home a whole car load of fabric and I need to sort through it.  I tell you, I get a phone call a couple times a month from someone cleaning out and donating fabric.  I need to work quicker.  But, I justify collecting for now, thinking that in the not so distant future, I will be retired (maybe 15 years from now) and have 10 hours a day to sew, sew, sew!  Hopefully my health holds up and my quilting machines do too.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

Retirement is a blast - quilt all the time!!! There are some definite advantages to having a computerized system on your longarm...I keep thinking about it, but 12K is a bit steep!! My longarm and frame didn't even cost that much, with tax and delivery!