Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank God It's Friday!

Yes, I mean that literally! Thank you God for helping me make it through this week. I started feeling a little sick yesterday, with a midly scratchy throat and today my throat is screaming sore. I decided to come up with a super easy lesson that the kids could do on their own so I didn't have to talk today so I wrote a great worksheet. Problem was, it was too easy for most and too hard for some. It did its job, separating out those kids who can make graphs from those who can't so that was a good thing, but it didn't keep me from talking the whole period like I had hoped.

At least I am done with school for another week and can rest and relax for a minute before starting the weekend plans.

My daughter's boyfriend goes off to college this weekend. It will be like losing another child. He hasn't been around much these last couple of weeks, but the past two years he was over almost every day. The great thing is he is going to college 20 minutes away. I can visit anytime I feel like it, but not too often =) I joked that I would come over and have dinner in the dorms now that I can be his guest. Bring the whole family and eat our fill. They have great food in the dorms you know, and you don't have to wash the dishes when you are done!

I also have some quilts to finish up this weekend. I wonder if I will get the bindings done on any of those that are still sitting on the cutting table???

No comments: