Monday, September 1, 2008

quilt for Matt L

Matt L is a student at the high school where I work. I found out on Thursday that he had a heart attack over the summer and had to have open heart surgery. He is a senior this year. What a way to start your senior year! The students are making cards for him and one of the teachers is bringing those cards to him tomorrow. I said I would like to make a quilt for him and this is what I came up with. I used my favorite pattern, the Buttonberry Stashbuster pattern because I already had the fabric cut out and it takes about 30 minutes to sew together the squares, another 15 minutes to arrange them and then in a couple of hours you have a quilt ready to go. I got it done this weekend and it will be ready to deliver tomorrow.
The back of the quilt is a cheater panel of patriotic prints that I have about 10 more yards of. I have it loaded on the quilting machine so I think I will quilt up a few more of these tops I have sitting around.
Michael starts preschool tomorrow and needed a nap mat cover. This is what I came up with. The school sells these for $11 each. They are 28 inches wide by 50 inches long and are really just giant pillowcases. I made his out of African safari fabric so during his rest time, he will have something to look at. He is so excited to be starting school. Can you tell?

No comments: