Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm exhausted!

I give up! I surrender. The battle with the cold is over and the cold has won. I'm so glad it is Friday again. I can't believe I made it through this week with only taking one day off. I have coughed so much that I think I lost one lung and gained some ab muscles. I know I haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time any night this week and probably kept everyone in the house up too. The kids are crabby and fighting and everyone is looking forward to doing nothing this weekend!

To top it off, this week has been extra stressful with the new grading program they are making us use at work. They are trying to save money by switching over to a new grading program that nobody has worked all of the bugs out of yet. Plus, the person who was in charge of the program last year has taken on a new job and there is nobody who is an expert who can help all of us who are trying to learn how to use the program. Grades are disappearing, students are showing up that aren't in our classes, and it is taking 10 times longer to do things than last year. When they decided to make the switch (to save money--which I totally understand with all the budget cuts) they tried to sell it to the teachers by saying that it was going to save us all a lot of time when it came time to put grades in at report card time. Well, it is report card time and I have spent hours fixing the mistakes the computer is making that I never had problems with in the past.

Probably if I wasn't sick, it wouldn't bother me as much, but today I got so frustrated with the program, I almost started to cry. When that happened, I knew it was time to just give up and leave it be until Monday. Maybe then I won't care as much, things will be fixed, or everyone else will have the same problems I'm having and they will actually care about my problems. Today, they just told me to stop whining about my troubles which frustrated me even more!

I think I will play with some fabric and yarn, take a nap or two and enjoy the first weekend of fall. I have some ice cream in the freezer. What could be better?

No comments: