Saturday, May 3, 2014

t shirt quilt and Thunder Birds

I made this t shirt quilt for my friend at work.  She didn't get rehired for next year and these are her shirts from her previous high school in Virginia.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Each t shirt quilt I make gets better and better.  It really didn't take too long to make either.  Most of the time was spent procrastinating.  I find that is true with most things I do.  I spend more time worrying about how long it is going to take than actually doing the job.  Just like the grading I have to do this weekend.  Probably 3-4 hours worth of work, but I've been dreading it all day today.  Of course, having a terrible migraine doesn't make me want to tackle it any more, but I know once I get started on it, the time will fly by.

Today was the air show at Travis Air Force Base.  My son and I watched the Thunder Birds from our living room window.  It's super cool that we didn't have to leave home to see the show.  It is SUPER windy today and he has allergies and I'm just plain lazy and didn't feel like battling the thousands of people that were supposed to show up today for the show.  I believe they will perform again tomorrow.  This week they were practicing right over my high school.  Made me so proud to be an American!




No comments: