Thursday, May 22, 2014

did you know I'm a BAE?

 Today was the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon that the National Honor Society gave.  I'm the adviser for the club.  Each semester the kids have to give 8 hours of community service and I have a lot of procrastinators in the club.  I told them they could get hours by making desserts for the lunch.  Boy did we have desserts!  I think there were about 53 different ones.  We only have about 80 teachers at the school.
Almost all of them showed up.  Some don't know how to limit what they take and they really piled up on the food.  There wasn't any stuff left at the end for making sandwiches, but there sure was a lot of desserts left over.  I fed my 6th and 7th period classes and still had leftovers.
One of the kids in my class this morning made this sign for me.  It says Mrs. Lewis is a BAE.  I had to look it up on Urban Dictionary to make sure it was ok to post.  Kids these days speak a different language and often times I have to check to make sure I'm not repeating a bad word.

The funniest definition was this:
Word used by ghetto people to address their significant other because they have found themselves too lazy to pronounce the entire word "babe".
"Welcome home, bae"

"My bae Jamal done spent all his mommas money on these nails gurl"

Hey, I'm going to take it as a compliment and be a BAE

It also means Before Anyone Else, so that means I'm the best.  I'll take that too.  I like being the best. :)  And now I'm going to take a much needed nap.  Putting on a luncheon for over 100 people is a lot of work, especially when you have to teach all day too.

No comments: