Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Binding the t shirt quilt

 It's done and ready to gift tomorrow.  I know I like it so I'm sure my friend will too.  I'm getting the hang of these t shirt quilts and they are easier to make now.  I use interfacing on the back and need to pick up more the next time I go to JoAnn's with a 50% coupon.  I use the stretchy kind and it is thin and doesn't add too much bulk to the quilt.  I use thin poly batting and I really like the weight of these quilts.  They are heavier than normal cotton quilts, but I like looking at them.  I really need to make a quilt out of some of my funny t shirts.

 I really need to make the blood donor quilt shirt that I've been collecting shirts forever for.  I just need to start cutting up the shirts and do it.  I am not sure where all of the shirts are and know that once I get the quilt finished I will find more shirts.  Oh, well, then I will have to make a second quilt.  Terrible problem to have I guess.  Having too many quilts can be a curse I guess :)

I'm always so happy when the binding is on and wonder why it took me so long to get finished.  I can't wait to see the look on my friend's face when she sees this quilt.

No comments: