Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wedding quilt



I promised one of the student teachers at work a wedding quilt. I was dumb enough to ask what size bed they were going to have after they got married and he said queen. I had no idea just how big that was. I finally started working on their quilt this morning after putting it off all summer! This is what I have done so far. I have 80 blocks done and it took less than 2 hours. These Drunkard's Path blocks are so easy. Seriously people, what was I afraid of? And they can make so many different patterns! I had my son lay out the pattern from this one I found on a google image search. I love how it is turning out so far. You can see I need quite a few more blocks. 80 done, lots more to go. But, I'm out of fabric and I'm not going to make it as big as I need to just using the blocks. I'm going to add a border to it because I have a different blue that I want to use and the yellow came from a quilt shop so you know that means $$. I'm loving the way it is looking so far and can't wait to get the top done. I might even get it done today. How cool would that be :) Somthing to show for a day's passing. That hasn't happened in a long time.

No comments: