Sunday, August 28, 2011

Enough with the excitement already!

Last night, across the way, about 1/4 mile from my house, there was a really big fire. It burned over 500 acres. I guess my court was the best place in the whole city to watch the fire. The next door neighor was already having a party so he had about 15 people out front in lawn chairs watching and talking and parked along the court. Then, people came from everywhere and started parking in the middle of the road, blocking the entire street. I can barely walk after my surgery and I started to get nervous. The fire was moving pretty quickly on the hill and there is a 2 lane road between where the fire was and another big grassy area and my house. I figured if it jumped that road, it would move pretty quickly across the grass area to my house and I wouldn't have a lot of time to get out. At the rate I'm moving, I wanted to have as much time as possible to get out so I called the police to clear the court. I understand wanting to watch the fire because it was really cool, but come on people, don't block the road and block people into their houses!












It was all for nothing. There were lots of fire departments out on scene, most likely because there is a prison just to the right of these pictures and you know they are going to do everything to protect the prisoners so they don't have to move them :)










The fire reached the road, but didn't jump it. It is always super windy around here, but last night it was pretty calm. That helped get the fire under control.


I'm ready for things to calm down A LOT!

1 comment:

Miss Hillbilly said...

sure is beautiful there though!