Sunday, August 7, 2011

so much work ahead of me~!



I started sorting the pieces we cut this week with the teenagers and got 9 kits of just the 6 1/2 inch squares. Those were the least amount of pieces we cut. The small tumblers were the most and if I had to guess, I would say we have about 100 quilts to make just out of those pieces. I'm not even exagerating on that.


I figured that while my shoulder is healing (I did something to aggrivate it and my back yesterday--I think it was vacuuming!) I would start to sew.


This is from the churn dash die for the Studio cutter. We probably have another 9,999,999 blocks to make out of the scraps we cut with that block. 12 blocks per quilt goes into that big number, a lot so we will have a whole bunch more quilts out of the progress the kids made. If I don't sleep for the next 17 years, I think I will get all of the quilt TOPS made up. Then, when my shoulder heals, I will be good to go on quilting these babies. Or, I will need to teach all of the teens how to sew :) I like that plan better!

No comments: