Sunday, March 13, 2011

Help for Japan

As I read blog after blog, I'm not seeing anyone mention helping Japan. This surprises me so much. Normally after a disaster like this, quilters especially jump at the opportunity to help the survivors!

Well, I need your help to spread the word that I am collecting quilts and quilt tops! So, please post a link to my blog. I am going to be asking for donations from fabric companies as well as we kick it into high gear around here to get quilts made quickly to send to the kids of Japan.

If you think of a fabric company that you think could help us out, would you leave a comment for me? Today I will be working on writing to them all!
thanks for helping spread the word.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Is there a plan for distribution of the quilts once they reach Japan?

jacquie said...

we're working on getting organized, but we're raising money with our quilts rather than sending quilts...

mrscravitz said...

Maybe you can ask Jason Kelly to help?
http://jasonkelly.com/helpjapan/