Friday, March 4, 2011

Before and After

So this week off, due to budget cuts, was spent mostly rearranging the fabric on my shelves. I hope you can see a difference in the before and after shots! I sure can in the sewing room.
It isn't perfect and it isn't finished, but then never will be.
The solid fabrics are still a mess and need some attention and the flannels that are hanging behind the moved out of the way design wall are getting used up instead of folded. That's the best way to organize your stash--use it up! The rest of the fabrics are organized by color and folded so that when they come off the shelf, they are ready to cut. I still need to work through the green bins and get those a little better under control. They are my strip bins that are cut 1 1/2 inch, 2 1/2 inch 3 1/2 inch and 6 1/2 inch. They also have my string blocks and some projects that I'm working on. I got them at Target, but they no longer sell them. I would like to pick up a few more because they fit so nicely on these shelves, which I also got at Target over the years.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your organisation - it's looking good :)