Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm back

and just barely alive :)
I have a terrible head cold and have been working all week and just not had the energy to do much of anything else. When I get a terrible cold, it always ends up with a hacking cough that makes me feel like I'm going to lose a lung or break a rib. I actually did break a rib once coughing so it can happen and it isn't fun. I think I am finally starting to heal now and hope to have things to post this weekend.

Next week I will be heading to Ohio to visit my oldest at college. This will be the first all family trip since she was 1 1/2 years old. We are all flying out on Friday and coming back late Wed night. It is going to be so much fun and I can't wait to see her again.

Today I am trying to get the house cleaned so the girl who is coming over to take care of the two little dogs, guinea pig, cat, two parakeets, guppies, and koi won't have to trip over everything to get to all of the creatures. She is a friend of my daughter's and has agreed to come over every day we are gone to make sure everyone is fed and cleaned up after. The big dog is going to the kennel where she can bark to her heart's content. I have to take her in to get shots tomorrow.

The boys need haircuts today too. I'm also trying to book our hotel and car reservations today. Nothing like waiting for the last minute. I was hoping for a deal, but no such luck. Travelocity and Orbitz have deals all of the time on hotels, but only in exotic places. I guess Ohio isn't a vacation spot in April. Oh, well, we are going to have fun anyways. I'm hoping to find a good quilting store and visit the Amish. My daughter went for an Amish breakfast a couple weeks ago at a farmhouse and said it was really good.

The garden is doing great and I hope to post some pictures later today, after the sun is shining on it more so you can see the plants a little better.

It feels good to be alive again!

No comments: