Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the heat



















is killing my iris :(

It was 94 yesterday and supposed to be 97 today. The flowers usually last a week and they are wilting within the day. I'm so sad. I guess I will have to go back and visit the iris farm to get my full iris fix for the year since my iris aren't lasting long enough to get pictures of.





















It is supposed to cool down by the weekend and maybe even get some rain. For those people who cry "Global Warming" it was hotter in 1949-1950, so this is just a strange April, not the end of the world.

Here are the quilts my mom sent up to me to send off to Kazakhstan.


















She is a very busy quilter and the person who inspires me to quilt and crochet and knit and garden (well, dad probably inspires me more in that area).

She got me to start the Binky Patrol chapter in my area after she was so actively involved in her local Binky Patrol in Long Beach, Calif before she moved to Colorado.


There isn't a local chapter near her, so she makes quilts and sends them to me.




































Then, I find homes for them.







































I think it is a good partnership.

When my mom came up to visit for my oldest's graduation from high school she saw my sewing room and declared that I had too much fabric.













I told her that I would not be showing her my garage or shed then!




She said that she would help me out by taking some of my fabric home so she could sew some of it and now she has sent it back to me!




What a great mom she is :)



































3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

No Kidding - your mom sure can cut and sew!! Thats impressive. The one with the western fabric.... I have that fabric! Its in a quilt!!

Angie said...

Your Iris are beautiful! I hope they make it through the windy heat. Mine are still not blooming here near the Santa Rosa coast line. Cool evening. Enjoyed seeing all your quilt projects too!

River Glorious said...

She's a dear and it's a blessing to be able to share callings such as you both do. God's blessings to you and your beloved family.