Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I need motivation

I can't seem to get motivated to do much of anything around here since getting back from vacation. I need something to get me started again. Any suggestions?

I have a quilt I started for my daughter's room mate for her birthday on May 6 and that doesn't leave me much time. I am almost done making the blocks, but don't really feel like doing any piecing.

I have a quilt on the frame, but don't feel like doing any quilting.

I have about 15 quilts that need binding to be called finished, but I don't feel like digging through stash to find fabric to cut and then bind.

I have several quilt tops that need backs pieced or picked out of the stash, but don't really feel like digging through my fabric to look for the backs right now.

I also spent 3 hours this weekend cutting quilt kids and have about 20 of them ready to go, but don't feel like working on those either.

I'm really in a slump.

What do you do when you get in a quilting funk? I know if I just started something I would feel better, but it is the starting that I can't seem to make myself do. Instead, I just sit here at the computer and read about all of the quilts other people are making.

Anybody want to come over here and kick me in the butt to get me started?

No comments: