Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the best time

Well, except for the rain, I would say this is the best vacation ever.

Yesterday I went on a wild goose chase, looking for the Amish. I was sent the LONG way to find them and drove for 4 hours and saw one Amish man walking from a gas station. It was a disappointing trip, but I did get to see a lot of the Ohio countryside. I had no idea they had oil wells out here in the middle of farmland, or that they had so many alpaca farms.

This sure is beautiful country. When we got back, we had a great lunch and then the girls went to the mall, because you know we don't have malls in California! My oldest even bought a t shirt that said Cali on it at Target. I thought that was so funny--to come all the way to Ohio to get a California t shirt. Of course, we had to shop at WalMart, because we don't have those back in California either!!! (insert lots of sarcasm here)

Then we watched some of the men's tennis team play and then the women's practice and took my daughter's friends out to a really late dinner. We got to the restaurant right before they closed at 9pm and they didn't serve us until 10pm. There was one other group there and the cook had a hard time keeping up with 20 orders at once. The food was good and the company was better.

It was another late night, but well worth it.

Today it is raining again. We are thinking of going to a wild animal park where you drive your car through and the animals stick their heads in the windows. Then, tennis practice again and dinner at the dining commons.

This is the best vacation ever.

No comments: