Sunday, April 26, 2009

exercise will kill me

My doctor keeps saying I need to exercise. I know in my head that he is right, but every time I do, I almost kill myself and then I think, how can exercise be good for you when you almost die every time you try?

Today I decided it was too nice of a day to spend inside working on quilts so after church and a quick trip to JoAnn's for more batting at 50% off using the coupons, I took the kids to UC Davis to go bike riding. I don't have a bike, so I was going to walk, and take the little dogs. My little guy still has training wheels so I figured I could keep up with him. Yeah, sure, no problem, except for the down hill parts where I had to run to keep him from going into the stream.

After walking/running for an hour, I feel like I'm going to die! And, you will never believe who we ran into at the bike path there! My doctor. It was so weird. You see, his brother is my pastor and the two guys look exactly alike. They aren't twins, but they sure could be. The only difference is Dr. Smith is taller. They talk the same too. So, without the white coat, you can't tell them apart. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out which Smith I was talking to. But when he didn't say he saw me this morning at church, I knew it had to be my doctor.

I am almost done with sewing together the blocks for Kristin's quilt and hope to get that done by tomorrow so I can quilt it by Wed. Then, all I have left to do on my list this week is bind 3 quilts. I need to get Kristin's quilt in the mail by Thursday so it gets to her by her birthday, May 6. She was born the day after my daughter. They have so much in common and are perfect room mates. They even both sleep with night lights!

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Just read a book on chronic pain and exercise. Unfortunately we have to continue to exercise GRADUALLY and the pain will become less. sigh I hate it too!