Friday, June 27, 2014

quilts finding homes


While I was in Colorado, I got a text message asking for quilts for a couple of families whose homes were damaged in a fire near where I live.  The link above will take you to the article and news coverage about the fire.

When I got home, I called my friend who does the bindings and asked her if she had any quilts ready.  She quickly got 7 quilts bound.  Of course, we have more girl quilts than boy quilts, so I quilted up some more boy quilts and dropped off a big bag of quilts today so the kids could pick out a favorite from the bag.  There were 6 kids and I dropped off 15 quilts.  The organization that asked for the quilts works with the local homeless population as well as low income families so the rest of the quilts will find good homes very soon.

I think I've found my quilting mojo.





No comments: