Saturday, June 28, 2014

big quilts for big kids

 It is so much easier to make and quilt little quilts for little kids, especially little girls.  Most of the fabric that gets donated is flowery and pink and just cries out to be made into quilts for girls.
So, whenever I can and whenever I remember, I try to get people to make quilts for bigger boys.  When I got the text asking for quilts for the kids displaced by the fire last week, I had plenty of quilts ready to go for the girls, but nothing ready for the boys.  I'm busy cutting more fabric that my daughter matched up for some boy quilts and will pass that along to my friend to give to her mom.  She can whip out these twin size boy quilts in no time.  I gave her about 10 and she had them done in 2 days.  I only wish I could keep up with her in the cutting, quilting and binding department.  Good thing we are having 3 quilt days in the next 3 weeks.  July 7, 20 and 21 if you have those days off and want to join us.  Two will be at Carla's hour, the Mondays and one will be at A Quilted Heart.  All promise to be productive work days full of cutting and sewing.

No comments: