Monday, June 30, 2014

little swimmer

 When I drove down to pick up my daughter from college, my youngest son came with me.  Every time we drove over a bridge, he would get really scared that we would fall in and he would drown.  I didn't realize he had such a phobia of the water.
 I'd taken him swimming in the summer before, but he had never had swim lessons.  Some time in the last year, he decided that water was a scary thing.
 So, I signed him up for private swim lessons this summer.  His first swim lesson was last Tuesday.  The instructor was great.  She is really patient and spent the first day just getting him used to the water and encouraging him to put his face in.  He wanted nothing to do with that.  Yesterday at his second lesson, he jumped in and went under!  Wow, talk about a quick learner!
At the end of the lesson yesterday, I had a hard time getting him out of the pool.  I'd say the lessons are a success so far.

No comments: