Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vallejo Piecemakers













































I love the name of this quiltmaking group! I want to be a piecemaker too, or at least a peace-maker :) I tend to stir up a bit of trouble wherever I go. I sure was stirring up the trouble in the sewing room this morning. I'm working on getting things ready for some marathon quilting this week. When you quilt, you know it isn't just throw the top on the frame and go. There is a lot of prep work involved. I have to piece the backing fabric and that means making it wider than just a standard piece of fabric. I sorted my scraps and cleaned out two boxes and a bucket of fabric that has been sitting here waiting patiently for summer vacation.





I sewed and sewed and sewed and didn't wake my visitors who are still sleeping on the couch :) That's good to know that I can get work done while they are sleeping! There is still a lot to do before I can get to quilting, but it feels good to have those scraps tamed a little bit. I should have taken before and after pictures. I can't believe how out of control they got!










It is another rainy day here. Great start to summer...NOT. We want to take our guests out to the beach and that's not fun in the rain :( Oh, well, maybe I should put them to work on quilting :)

No comments: