Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flannel quilts







What's your thoughts on sewing with flannel? I LOVE to buy flannel, LOVE to snuggle with flannel and LOVE to quilt flannel, but really don't love to sew with flannel. It stretches too much for me when I sew with it. These gorgeous quilts and a whole box of them were sent to me and I'm having such a blast quilting them up because I didn't have to sew them :) Most of them were serged together! What a smart idea! I wonder if that is an easier way to work with flannel? Once all of this quilting is done, I'm going to have to try and serge my next flannel quilt. I'm learning so much from ever quilt I touch :)

1 comment:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I made my son a flannel baby quilt and it doesn't hold together at the seams. I have to keep repairing it. I think I won't use flannel much again, although I do love how it feels. Maybe just for backing on snuggle quilts.