Saturday, June 11, 2011

crazy

Do you see the number on the right side of the screen over there? The number under the heading Quilted by me? That number says 500. I started quilting in 2008. The summer of 2008. Almost 3 years ago. I'm looking back at some numbers today and see that in the last 3 months I've quitled just over 100 quilts for the children of Japan. Last year I quilted 100 quilts.

Yesterday, my oldest daughter who is 21, got up and saw me working on quilts and asked if I ever woke up and thought I don't think I will quilt today. I said that maybe on Wednesday I will take a break, but until these quilts are safely out of my house and on their way to Japan, I have a limited amount of time to get as many quilts done as I can. I have to work as fast as I can for as long as I can. Right now, quilting is like breathing. It is something I must do. There is no resting. There is no stopping. I will never get everything finished, but I can get one more done and that is one more child comforted. There are more than a million people who lost their homes in Japan. Yet, you hear nothing on the news about it. That really makes me sad. Those people still do not have a permanent place to stay. I don't want them to think they are forgotten. God loves them and I love them too, eventhough I will never meet them. If I could meet them, I would give them a big hug. Since I can't, I will hug them with a quilt. One more quilt. Just one more.

Crazy.

I've been called worse.

1 comment:

Miss Hillbilly said...

That's the problem. Something big happens, and everyone pitches in at the time...then they forget. I am glad it is taking some time to get the quilts finished. They will arrive over there when maybe efforts are slowing a bit, and then they will know they aren't forgotten.