Saturday, September 25, 2010

What was in those boxes?
















What a crazy week. Even today, I took a 3 hour nap, so you know I've been needing some rest after the stress of work and family.


This is grade weekend too, so I've been buried in grading lab books.


But, I wanted to share some pictures of the wonderful quilts and blankets that were in the boxes and to share the great news that we have found a home for all of the blankets we have.


One of my students' Godmothers is a teacher at the school in San Bruno where the 13 year old girl went who died in the fire there. I finally was able to get ahold of her today and she told me about their teen mom program, the efforts the leadership group at the school is doing and was excited to be a part of the efforts to get the blankets and quilts into the hands of the kids and families who need them.


Here, because blogger wants you to see this one again :) here is it a second time. Don't you love blogger sometimes?

No comments: