Saturday, September 18, 2010

Amazing day


Wow, today was amazing. And I think a lot had to do with my attitude.
I had to be in two different places at exactly the same time. Normally this would stress me out, but yesterday I had my son call a friend and get a ride and the problem was solved. I was able to drop my daughter off, find a perfect parking spot and get to the jazz festival in time to get a front row seat, where I could see my son perform. It was amazing.
Here he is doing his solo. He actually had two of them. The first was in a song called Killer Joe. Fitting I think. He was amazing.
As soon as he was finished, I had just the perfect amount of time to get out to pick up my daughter from her tennis lesson. I only had to wait about 5 minutes. Amazing.
Then, I came home, made lunch and took her to her group project location. I had just enough time to get to JoAnn's before my break job appointment. They had the batting I buy at 40% off and they had enough rolls to satisfy me :) Amazing. I got 5 rolls. I also got a spool of bobbin thread for 50% off. When I went to the cash register, the lady said I had a 20% off everything coupon. I saved $48 and only spent $43. Amazing! I was down to my last roll of batting. I had been buying batting like crazy with coupons last November when they were having great sales and haven't had to buy batting for such a long time. To be almost completely out and to have such a great sale just when I needed it??? Say it with me...Amazing.
Then, I got to my appointment and they took my car. I signed the paper and talked with the lady and said how I wanted my breaks fixed. They have been squeaking and grinding and said I would be back in 1 1/2 hours. I could walk back downtown and listen to some jazz music instead of sitting in the shop where it stinks really bad. She said that it would take 1 1/2 hours to FIX my breaks so that would be great.
I walked downtown and my phone battery died. No problem. I had told them to FIX my breaks, so they shouldn't need to get ahold of me. I went into the thrift store and there was the cutest little sewing machine for $3. It is supposed to be a toy for a child, but I'm betting it works ok. I have to still try it out and it even runs on batteries. If it really works like the instructions say, I can take it with me and sew on the go! Think of all the things I can get done while waiting. Won't I be a sight pulling this little thing out and sewing at the doctor's office or while waiting in line at the grocery store? How funny would that be?
I will post a picture tomorrow because my daughter took my camera to her group project and I have no idea where she put it.
So, I get back after an hour, sit for another 30 minutes and they finally call my name. I go up to the counter and the guy says that my breaks need fixing. I said, I know, that's why I told the lady to FIX my breaks. He said that she didn't put down to fix them, just to look at them! UGH. Really? I wasted 1 1/2 hours waiting for them to look at them? That takes like 10 minutes. So, instead of getting really mad, like I normally would, I made an appointment for Monday and then thought to myself I will just have the kids at my high school fix my breaks. If I get the parts, the can fix almost anything. They have a full auto shop at school and are always looking for cars to work on.
I went to the car part store with the list the repair shop had given me and for only $105 got the parts I needed. They were going to charge me $368 to fix my breaks. Hmmm, what to do with the extra $263 :) Ha. Even the price on the parts was over twice what I paid. Wow, I went into the wrong business. But, I hate getting my fingernails all greasy and dirty so maybe not.
I am finally home after being out for 10 hours and there is dinner to cook. I doubt I will get any sewing done, unless I put batteries in my new, little machine and try it out. Wonder if hubby will mind if I take it up into bed with me tonight?
Amazing

No comments: