Monday, August 23, 2010

three quilts and a top

School started last Wednesday, but that hasn't slowed my quilting down too much.







I finished up these three quilts in the last two days. Two of them I just did tonight! Just goes to show that it doesn't take too long to get them quilted. This Halloween one has hung there for over a year. I got it and then didn't get it quilted in time for Halloween last year and figured what is the rush? I have plenty of time to get it done for October. Well, October is almost here again and I didn't want to miss it again so figured I'd throw it on the machine and had it done in 15 minutes. So, how long does it take to quilt a quilt? One year, 3 months and 15 minutes.
I got this quilt top finished up today as well. I started working on it this weekend and have been plugging away 15 minutes at a time. These guys take about an hour to make and are pretty mindless. Of course, I did have to rip out a couple of seams because I sewed them together backwards, but then a quilt really isn't finished until you have ripped a seam or two right?
I think I will throw one more quilt on the machine to be ready for tomorrow and pick out some border fabric for the quilt top above. I also need to cut some fabric scraps. They are taking over the kitchen table. Would be nice to be able to see that again one of these days! If only I had a Go! fabric cutter to help me out. I've entered so many contests I'm sure to win one someday.

No comments: