Sunday, August 8, 2010

#4 a QOV

This one was finished before Church this morning. We went to our old church, Crossroads Christian Church, the whole family! It was good to have everyone together and back at church. That hasn't happened in a long time. Someone usually has somewhere to be on a Sunday and my oldest heads back to college, as early as this Friday. She may be starting a job, maybe not. Isn't life great when you can just pick up and go on a whim like that?


So, since that church service starts at 10:45, I had a whole morning to work around the house. Got the dishes done and groceries put away. I'm trying to reorganize the pantry to get ready for the new school year. Some people do spring cleaning, I do back to school panic cleaning of really random places...the pantry is one of them. Somehow I think I am going to be organized and have lunches made and dinners planned out a week in advance. I am lucky to not pick up Taco Bell every night when things get busy.


But this is a QOV, Quilt of Valor and will be going to Colorado to my friend Alycia to be given to a wounded service member returning from Iraq or Afghanistan to thank them for their service. I pieced the top last summer I think and it hung, waiting its turn for a very long time.



It was a good thing I got so much done this morning, because after church was Binky Patrol. We met the 2nd Sunday of every even month at A Quilted Heart in Vacaville. We have been meeting for 6 years. I started the group in Feb of 2004 but held the first public meeting in August 2004. Today, there was only one other lady there with me, cutting out fabric. I cut fabric for about 2 1/2 hours and hurt my back. I'm in a lot of pain and can barely move.


Another lady had dropped off blankets and one lady came with her daughter to ask some questions. She does Girl Scouts and wanted to partner with us and have us help them make blankets. They plan to come with several girls to our next meeting in October and we will help them learn to sew. I love passing along skills to the next generation.

No comments: