Monday, August 9, 2010

#5 What can't you do?


I can't draw. I can't sew a perfect 1/4 inch seam to save my life. I can't sew 1/2 square triangles either.



The other day I asked my daughter to pick out 4 quilting designs for me to try out. Of course, she picked out 4 that I never would have tried. She picked out the flower that looked really hard. I tried it and it turned out pretty good. She picked out some waves she wants me to practice for when I quilt the turtle quilt she is working on. She picked out a leaf and lattice pattern that looks like it will take a lot of time. And she picked out this dragonfly. What? I can't draw. This looks complicated. I can't do this one. Pick another one. Please? No, this is neat and will look good on boy quilts.
So, last night I got the book, took some paper and tried to practice. The pattern in the book was really confusing. So, I came up with my own line drawing and practiced it over and over about 7 times.
This morning I got up and tried it and look! I can draw. Not every one is perfect, but they all look like dragonflies.
And just to show off, I threw in some butterflies too :)
So, what can't you do?

No comments: