Saturday, January 17, 2009

got stress? Make quilts







This week has been very stressful for me and today was such a gorgeous day that I had to get outside and enjoy it. I worked in the garden until the Green Toter was full (which only takes 15 minutes) and then decided it was warm enough in the garage to do some quilting. I know most of the country is freezing to death, but we are having a nice, warm spell and I wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.










I turned up my favorite radio station--KLOVE--and listened to Christian music while I worked on quilts. With each quilt, I could feel the stress level go down just a little bit.










I think stress can be a good thing, if this is what I can accomplish. I was hoping to get 5 done today, but 4 is pretty good. I think I need to get risers for the table because my back is hurting a little from bending over to pin the quilts on. If the table were a little higher, it would help. Since I am so tall, everything is just made a little too short for me.

2 comments:

swooze said...

Nice job! How tall are you?

Carole said...

Hi, this is Carole, I just read your post on teachers who quilt and thought I'd drop by to see what you've sewn.
I love your quilts, they just gave me a good idea for a quick baby quilt I have to make !
Thanks for the inspiration !