Monday, January 5, 2009

fabric donations










When I was at the Quilt shop on Saturday (?) I picked up a bag of fabric that a lady had dropped off. This is some of it. I am always overwhelmed at the generosity of people who don't even know me. They hear about me through the quilt shop, or through this blog or from somewhere and give me fabric. Just look at this wonderful stuff! These cat blocks are so adorable. And, in the bag was a whole bunch of bird fabric. That just has to go together with the cat blocks to make a quilt. How fun is that going to be?
There are also some large pieces, just perfect for the backing of some boy quilts. I just wish I had more time in the day to work on quilts!
Today I was back at work and am exhausted. The kids were good, but talking all day makes me tired. I have to figure out a way to bring sewing machines into the science classroom and teach the kids how to sew quilts while learning science. Hmmm...I'm thinking.

No comments: