Monday, September 29, 2014

hand made

My friend at school made this quilt top all by hand.  I have no idea how long she worked on it, but I'm sure it took a long time.  I'm sure she made it before she had her three kids.  She recently donated it to me to give to the Boles fire victims.  What she doesn't know is that I'm finishing it up to give back to her to give to her daughter.  This is the only quilt she's ever made and I think she needs to keep it in her family.  She cannot sew to save her life and this quilt is quite the accomplishment.  Her daughter is in Girl Scouts and my friend has brought me her sewing machine to teach her how to sew patches on her uniform.  After several lessons, she just can't get the hang of sewing.  Something I take for granted, just doesn't come naturally for other people.

I hope her daughter holds onto this quilt as a family heirloom.

No comments: