Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Go! BIG or go home

http://www.accuquilt.com/go-big-sweepstakes

Have you heard the BIG news about the Accuquilt Go! Big fabric cutter?  Here's your chance to enter to win a free electric die cutting machine.  I gain nothing by telling you about the contest other than hoping that someone I know wins.  I LOVE my Accuquilt cutting machines.  Especially my Accuquilt Studio.  I have no idea how I could get so much done without them.

If you enter and win, I hope you make lots of quilts for charity.

Today was a rough day.  I had a student share some very personal things with me today.  Being a teacher at a public high school is a rough job.  I have 30 students in a class.  I have 6 classes this year.  Each student is an individual with a separate life outside of my class.  This student is having some very difficult life events happening and I really felt honored that he shared them with me, but then I had to stop everything to try and get him the help he needed while trying to manage the rest of the classes for the rest of the day.  It's really tough to compartmentalize life like that.  How do you think about something super serious while trying to entertain a class of teenagers and keep things organized and not lose papers and take attendance and...

It's a good thing most days aren't like this and I can come home to make quilts.  It's also a good thing Taco Bell cooked dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

That is so hard! I was always so very blessed to have a teaching assistant who could take over the class for me when I needed to deal with something like you described. I don't know what I would have done if I had been teaching a regular class!! I only had 12 students, most of whom stayed with me most of the day. Breaks your heart for your students when they share the horrible, difficult situations they have to deal with outside of school. Thanks for being a caring teacher that your students can come to - that says a whole lot about you!!!