Sunday, September 14, 2014

4.11

 Morning walk today took us to the same field, but we went further into it and around some more.  In a year, this whole field will be houses.  I know progress is important and people need places to live.  My city is a great place and I welcome new people, but it is so nice to have this open field to walk in, away from the hard sidewalks and noisy cars.
 The dogs love having so many new smells and come home to crash for several hours after our long walks.  Today we did 4.11 miles total, including about half on the city streets.  We have several parks that we can walk in, but there is just something about getting out of the city, even if it is in the dry grass and hard dirt for a few minutes to clear your head.
Just look at the beautiful blue sky and golden colors of the grass.  These are the North Hills my blog is named after.  My church is called North Hills Christian Church and although I'm not making it to church this morning with a sick little one and a headache, I will be listening to the sermon from last week that I missed when I took my daughter to UCLA.  I do love technology in that you can find almost anything you want on the internet.

I should also finish a quilt today.  It was about 3/4 done last night and only needs a couple of rows finished up today.

No comments: