Wednesday, February 12, 2014

these three are fun

 This is made with the churn dash block from the Accuquilt Studio.  I sure wish they made this die for the Go! cutter.  It is small enough for the Go! cutter and cuts all the pieces for one block at the same time.  Those are my favorite dies.  I love this quilt because depending on where you look at it, you can see squares, or diamonds, or the churn dash.  I just love the scrappy quilts.  I have so many scraps right now that I'm swimming in them.  We are having a quilt day next week which means lots of scrap cutting.  That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on if I can get some volunteers to take home those cut pieces and sew them together into quilts.  Getting lots of people together to work on different parts of the process really helps when you want lots of quilts finished up in a short amount of time.
 I love the bright colors of this quilt.  Perfect for a little boy.  The border fabric has bugs on it.  I know some little boy is going to love it.  Of course, I would have loved it when I was little, so maybe a little girl will get it and love it too.
And a simple half square triangle quilt with red, white, blue and grey.  Sometimes simple is nice too.  Easy and quick and perfect to cuddle under.

No comments: