Monday, February 17, 2014

getting close

I want to put a border on this, but the fabric I want to use is so wrinkly that I threw it in the dryer to help take some of the wrinkle out.  I tried ironing it, but half my ironing board is full of stuff.  How lazy can I be?  I'd rather just throw the whole piece in the dryer than clean off my ironing board. :)  Please tell me I'm not alone here!  I was hoping to get this one on the machine today, but I need to change out the tracks on the carriage before I quilt another quilt.  Just one more thing.  I must eat one more cookie my oldest daughter made and sent me for Valentine's Day to build up my strength before I tackle that job.  That quilting machine is HEAVY!  And those cookies are quite delicious.  I'm sure they have no calories because she is such a healthy kid.  I have no idea where she got that from!  And I'd hate for those cookies to rot before they got eaten.  They are so yummy.  I'm liking this turn of the times where she is sending me treats for the holidays.

I'm also watching women's hockey in the Olympics.  So different from men's hockey.  THe ladies keep falling down when they bump into each other.  Kind of funny.

Happy President's Day. 

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

Marilyn, this is fabulous! I can't wait to see what you do with the quilting!!!