Sunday, February 16, 2014

simple and practical

 these quilts with 6 1/2 inch squares are some of my favorites.  I especially like this one because of the unusual fabrics.  Fun, funky and yet they all go together so well.  The backing fabric is from the 60's and has waited long enough to be finally made into a quilt to comfort someone.
 And what could be more perfect than a panel of pre printed cuteness?  I was cleaning the sewing room last week and found these two.  I thought about adding borders to make them bigger and then found two pieces of flannel that matched perfectly and knew they would be perfect baby quilts for the Nurse Family Partnership.
Seems like I got a lot done today and I have the whole week off.  Here's to organizing, planning and using time wisely.  Maybe I will even squeeze some grading in this week.

No comments: