Tuesday, November 26, 2013

our little piece

I told you our piece of the puzzle was little.  This was the pile of boxes headed out to the Philippines from just on LBC location and just from this morning's drop off.  Ours are the brown ones. 14 boxes of toys and quilts.  Not much when you think of the enormous need and even this large pile seems insignificant.  But to the child receiving the quilt or the toy, it will mean the world.  So, what can you do today?  Can you check the LBC website and see if there is a location near you?  You can call the 888 number and see if they will come pick up the donation from your house.

I'm sure you won't have the same troubles I did.  It took me about 45 minutes to drive to the drop off location, about an hour to drive around and around in circles to find the place.  GPS took me to a hotel.  I called and they told me it was inside a Circuit City.  Well, that has been bankrupt for about 2 years.  I called a different number, same story.  Inside a Circuit City.  How is this possible?  Drove around some more.  Finally called my husband who told me to go to a place where there was a lot of construction.  The building used to be a Circuit City and is not a Seafood City.  I guess the accent, I was having troubles understanding what they were saying.  I should have looked it up before I left.  GPS has gotten me lost many times before.  So, then there was the paperwork took me about an hour to fill out everything.  Crazy!  I thought my hand was going to fall off :)  And I write a lot on a daily basis.  Just know you will have to fill out some paperwork on the boxes you send, but it is oh so worth it.

Become a small part of the solution today.

No comments: