Saturday, November 23, 2013

First project of the vacation

This is my garage, a huge pile of mess where everything ends up to be sorted 'later'.  Well, today is later.  Because I have received so many donations lately, I have to make room for more so I decided today was the day to start organizing.  Off to Lowe's to get some wood to make shelves. Good thing my son is handy with tools.  I had the guy at the hardware store cut the wood for me to make it a quicker job.  All I had to do was attach the pieces and, although they are crooked, they do hold up a bunch of boxes and bins which make it easier to get to things I need.  I will be making at least one more set of shelves soon, maybe tomorrow even.


As you can see, it didn't really help with the organization inside the house.  It looks like a fabric shop vomited inside my house!  I'm not complaining, I just wish I had a couple more hours in a day to quilt.  I really need to make more quilts so I can use up fabric quicker.  I've figured out a way to quilt and cut fabric at the same time with the Accuquilt Studio cutter and I'm making lots of kits to pass along to my quilting buddies who will sew the tops back together




 I love working with my son on projects like this. Even though it came out crooked, we do have fun laughing at ourselves and making memories.  For $57 the shelves hold a lot of stuff.




Here's my car stuffed to the brim with boxes for the Philippines.  I'll be taking them for delivery on Monday.  I can't wait to get them out of the car and on their way.

No comments: