Monday, December 27, 2010

Accuquilt Go! Obsession

I have to admit, I have a new love...it is my Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter. I was a little skeptical at first when I started reading about this new, expensive toy on the internet. I read everything and did as much research as I could and the more I read, the more I wanted to see one in person. Sure, I watched the videos on youtube, but it isn't the same as seeing one for real.

I went to JoAnn's when they were supposed to have a demo day, but my JoAnn's isn't a super store and they didn't have the demo as promised. I was very disppointed and frustrated when the sales lady laughed at me because I didn't know better.

But, still, I read and searched and wanted to know more. I entered every contest out there hoping to win one of these cutters because the price tag was just too much to justify getting one of these toys if they really didn't do what they promised they would.

Well, Let me tell you...they are just as good if not better than promised!

I have always had a fear of triangles. I have never been able to sew them well and they always come out crooked. I have always hated cutting scraps. I must have 10 buckets of scraps because I can't throw them out. I save them for some day, when I run out of yardage. That isn't going to happen in my lifetime, but you know, there could be WWIII and the government could call for everyone to give up their cotton fabric so they can make uniforms or something and then I would have to use my scraps.

Well, now that I have the Accuquilt Go! cutter, I'm cutting scraps! It is FUN!

I'm cutting 1/2 square triangles and I'M SEWING THEM TOGETHER! That's the first thing my mom asked me...are you sewing together these little tiny pieces you are cutting? And the answer is yes! And it is fun!

I have all these spools of thread I want to use up and all these pieces of fabric that I've cut so it is the perfect marriage of wonderfulness.

If you are still on the fence about whether or not to get a cutter, I would recommend trying to find someone who has one and try it out. Ask at a shop, ask your quilting friends, come to my house...call first, the house is a mess. I have one more excuse to not clean!

Start saving your pennies now. Empty a big pickle jar and put any extra change into it. Soon enough you will have saved for a new Go! cutter for yourself. It is worth it.

They are fun!

No comments: