Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The 3 Plagues

This vacation will be forever known as the vacation of the plagues. I'm not sure which one has been the worse. First, there were the mice. Remember...they ate my nativity set? Well, I attacked them with traps. Lots of traps. I caught 7 of them all together and haven't seen them since. I think they told their friends this isn't a safe house anymore.

Then, there are the ants. I have ants in the bedrooms, ants in the living room, ants in the kitchen (the worse!) ants in the family room, ants in the garage--they ate the peanut butter out of the mouse traps, I think they are working with the mice. Ugh, the ants.

Finally, the cold virus. Yesterday I thought I was getting the flu. I already had a cold this vacation. My daughter brought one home from college. She is so nice. She shared it with me. I haven't been sick yet this school year. I think I have already had everything that has gone around at my school the past 10 years so I'm immune, but not to the new strain she brought home.

I just started feeling better and then yesterday my whole body ached. I thought for sure I would wake up this morning and have a fever. Nope. Stuffy nose and head. Sore throat. Another cold. What?

I even slept in until 8am. I never sleep that late. I must be sick. Yuck. I have too many things I want to do on vacation to waste it being sick. Bummer. Oh, well. At least I don't have to go to work today :)

No comments: