Saturday, April 25, 2015

Prom 2015

 Here we go again, Prom.  How can it be that another year has passed and my son is going off to another dance, another year olde?
 Soon, he will be headed off to college, all grown up.  Days pass too quickly now.
 Yesterday he was a little kid, much shorter than me and needing help to do everything.  Not so much anymore
 Here is the 'let's pose for the pretend I'm putting the flowers on you' picture, when really I don't know what I'm doing, picture.
 And then reality kicks in and my son's girlfriend's mom actually pins the flowers on for her.  I love the look on his face of , oh, mom, please don't take a picture of what really happens.  Can't we just pretend?
 They sure have grown up over the last 5 years.  And such a gorgeous couple.
 Two couples and three singles will be headed off for a night of fun together.  It was funny because the parents were all having a party to celebrate the kids going off to prom.  I guess I'm pretty anti-social because I just came over to take pictures and then get home as soon as possible to sit on the couch and post those pictures.  Maybe it was because I work with teenagers all day long, but I had no desire to hangout and talk about kids :)  They sure look good all dressed up though.


 And going off in style.  For my senior prom, we went in an old, beat up car that my date's friend drove.  I don't remember anyone renting a limo.  Who had that kind of money when we were kids?
But what else will you spend your money on?  College?  I guess that's what student loans are for!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They all look beautiful and handsome! I'm sure that they will not forget that day, even when they are already in college. I believe that Prom is one of the most unforgettable events in high school. By the way, it's really awesome to have a limousine take you to the prom. It's nice that you were very supportive to them, and I'm sure that they all had a great time that day. Cheers!

Evan Blake @ Antique Limo Of Indy