Saturday, April 18, 2015

feeling ambitious

Who is more ambitious today?  Star with is life size bone?
or me with my quilting machine that is working again?  I have to remember to pace myself or not only will I wear out the machine, but my poor old body as well.  I'm sore from yesterday and Thursday, both setting up and taking down the Science Fair, but it's so hard to restrain myself from having so much fun again.  I forgot just how much I love quilting!

This is a new quilting design I got a Christmas, but could never try out because the machine was broken.  It's paw prints and oh, so cute!  I have the quilt for my friend and it will be perfect for her quilt because she just adopted a dog who is her best friend.  I have a feeling I'm going to be using this design a lot.

I'm working on some small quilts that will either become wall hangings or dog blankets that I plan to donate to the local animal rescue group.  Since there is a three dog limit and I can't adopt every dog that is available at the shelter, I have to find another way to help out.  Making small dog items will have to do.  Perhaps they can sell the quilts to raise money for food.  I have one quilt on the machine and three more ready to quilt.

No comments: