Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayers for Boston

One of my students' dad was running the marathon today.  Her whole family was there and they left here here because she didn't feel like she could miss too much school.  She came in to class crying and asked if she could try to call her mom.  By the end of the period, she had finally heard back that her family was ok.  Her dad finished the race in just under 3 hours, about an hour before the bombs went off.

My prayers are with all of the injured and those who have lost a family member.  I'm hugging my kids a little bit more today!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It is all so tragic, but I am so glad to read that her family is okay.

Quiltingranny said...

I am so happy to hear her family was okay. All of our local runners were also accounted for. You are awesome to take the time for a student, some teachers would not have done so!