Monday, April 22, 2013

Doctor Visit today

I made the appointment on Saturday (I do love Kaiser for their online services) because my ankles have been swelling up since I started my new migraine medicine.  I went in today, fully expecting my ankles to NOT be swollen because every time I go to the doctor, my symptoms go away.  Well, luckly, or not, they were still swollen.  My doctor has no idea why.  He is running some blood work and wants me to get an EKG just to check and make sure my heart is ok. The new migraine medicine is a beta blocker and is supposed to lower blood pressure and make your heart beat regularly.  Mine skips a beat more often than before I was on the meds.   I was able to get the blood work done, but have to go back tomorrow for the EKG.  I'm hoping that nothing is really wrong because the migraine meds seem to be helping quite a bit.  Last week I only had a migraine 3 times instead of 6 :)

3 comments:

Kasey said...

YIKES! That doesn't sound pleasant at all! Hope they figure something out soon.

Needled Mom said...

Wishing you good results on the tests.

Quiltingranny said...

Praying they figure this out!