Wednesday, April 10, 2013

testing, testing

It's spring, which means student testing time.  We had a 2 hour meeting this morning on how to give kids a test.  Really?  We are teachers, I think we got the test thing covered :)  But, really, some of the questions some of the teachers asked left me to believe they had never given a state test before.  I can't wait until we actually get to walk around and stare at kids while they fill in bubbles!  Oh, joy.

I can think of a great way to cut the bugdet.  How about giving the state tests every other year, or maybe only every other school.  You never know if your kids will be tested, but we cut that budget in half.  Think of all the paper they would save from printing all of those test booklets.  And think, we could actually teach kids!  Oh, the horrors.

I'm still working on these cute, quick 9 patch quilts the middle school kids made up.  I have about 100 more to go, so I hope you don't get tired of seeing them.  I better order more batting soon.  Just waiting for another 50% JoAnn's coupon to come.  Right now the batting I like is on sale for 25% off, but I will wait until I can get it cheaper.  Sending a kid to college next year is going to cut into my charity quilting budget.  I might have to get creative.

1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

I say how about they allow teachers to go back to teaching and stop doing all this blasted testing that so many in charge hinge teachers jobs on! To many teachers have had to switch from teaching to teaching testing! So sad!