Saturday, April 20, 2013

UCLA wins

My daughter sent in her letter of intent last night and will be a UCLA Bruin in the fall.  I'm so excited for her.  She got a UCLA Alumni scholarship and will be part of a great mentoring program.

We also filled out the housing request last night and she is excited for the next chapter of her life to begin.  Of all of the UC schools we visited, this was by far the most beautiful.  I grew up in So. Cal (Long Beach) and visited UCLA when I was in high school.  I do not remember it being so pretty, but that was a long time ago.

She has been interviewing like crazy for scholarships and so far has $5K.  There will be some major loans taken out I'm sure and I hope the investment pays off.  I remember back when I was in school and it was only $1500 a year tuition.  Surely I can't be that old!

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

hmm. I'm thinking there might be a quilt guild in the area that has awarded a scholarship or two before. I'll do some investigating and let you know if I find anything. I put myself thru college and applied to various bizarre scholarships vs big high viz scholarships. They really helped.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com