Saturday, April 13, 2013

Putzing today

Today I wasn't feeling very good and my ankles have been swelling up since Wednesday.  The doctor said to elevate my feet, so I've just been putzing around the house.  I must have done 10 loads of laundry.  Seriously.  How can a family of 5 go through 10 loads of laundry in a week.  Plus, I know I've done a couple more loads during the week.  Crazy.

 I decided I wanted to make a 'jelly roll' quilt, but was wanting to use up some of my stash of scraps.  I have 5 small buckets of pieces that are 1/4 yard or smaller and decided that today I would pull out the blue one and start cutting.  I'm cutting them into 3 1/2 inch strips and 2 1/2 inch strips and depending on how much I get of each, will try to make a quilt from each stack.

 This is the 3 1/2 inch strip stack.  Looks almost big enough for a quilt.  I'm going to start sewing these together end to end and see what I come up with.  I want to cut some black squares for in between some of the strips.  I love the look of the jelly roll quilts that have the black squares in them.
Here's my shelf with the other colors.  As you can see, some of the buckets are a bit overflowing.  Most of these fabrics came from my blogging friend Debbie of http://travelingquilter.blogspot.com/  She brought me all of these goodies and I've been working through them.  Seems like every time I get close to emptying one, I come back the next day and the bucket is full again.

Speaking of full, I got a phone call this afternoon from a lady whose mother passed away 5 years ago.  She said her mother had a whole closet full of quilting fabrics.  She hasn't been able to let go until now and wanted the fabric put to good use.  I will be picking it up tomorrow.  Sounds like I'm going to have a great day tomorrow and that I also need to get busy quilting!

No more time for migraines or swollen ankles!  I'm hoping that one of these days I will find a medication that takes away the migraines and doesn't have all of the side effects.

1 comment:

Kathy MacKie said...

Hope you feel better tomorrow when you get to add to your stash.