Sunday, May 29, 2011

Amanda













Amanda is a student at my high school. She said when her grandmother heard about the Quilts for Japan project she wanted to help out so they got right to work and made these three quilts together. She surprised me this week and brought them to school. I love surprises like this. My daughter has been writing letters and bringing them to Amanda's grandmother who organizes a group called A Million Thanks. It is a program where regular people like you and me write letters to thank soldiers for their service to our country. My daughter has been writing letters for over a year now and giving them to Amanda's grandma who boxes them up and ships them over to Iraq and Afghanistan. It's cool how we can all work together to help people who need a comforting word or hug!

No comments: