These quilt tops were all done at the quilt day and by my friend Carla. I bordered two of them because the backing fabric I had is extra wide and the batting is 48 inches. So I figured I could get a little bigger quilts out of the batting and backing so why not add a little to the top as well.
I have to say, I'm loving having the 70 wt polyester bobbin thread. I picked up two more spools yesterday at JoAnn's with the 40% coupon. It was just over $5 and I wound 18 spools of bobbin thread off one spool of thread. With the 50% coupon, I only spent $4.36. I will have to save up my 50% coupons to use on this thread. I use one bobbin per quilt now which saves time changing bobbins and seems to be working really well. If anyone has a reason not to be doing this, please let me know before I keep working on all of these quilts.
Yesterday I spent about 1 1/2 hours winding bobbins, taking all of the cotton thread off the bobbins and winding them with the bobbin thread.